Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(a) Exemptions. A permit is not required to cut, remove, or encroach within the protected zone of any oak tree(s) under the following circumstances.
(1) Trees that do not exceed two (2") inches in diameter when measured at a point four and a half (4-1/2') feet above the tree's natural grade.
(2) Ground plane improvements that are proposed between the dripline and the protected zone limit.
(3) Clearance pruning that involves removal of live branches that do not exceed two (2") inches in diameter, except in conjunction with' any new construction activity.
(5) When removal is determined necessary by fire department personnel engaged in fighting a fire.
(6) Trees planted or grown in containers and held for sale as part of a licensed nursery business.
(7) Any encroachment, pruning, or removal deemed necessary by an authorized agent of the City for public safety purposes.
(§ 3, Ord. 1534-NS, eff. April 9, 2010, as amended by Parts 3 and 7, Ord. 1610-NS, eff. January 15, 2016)