Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(a) No person shall discharge a cannon, rifle, shotgun, revolver, pistol, or firearm of other type within the City limits.
(b) The provisions of subsection (a) hereof shall not apply in the following instances, to wit:
(1) At a funeral for either military personnel, veterans, police officers by a properly supervised group.
(2) Celebration of any City, State or national holiday, by an active State or United States military group, veterans group, or police enforcement personnel.
(3) To members of any United States military unit when engaged in drilling or target practice under command or direction of an authorized person thereof.
(4) To the use of firearms by members of Police Departments in the lawful discharge of their duties.
(5) To the use of firearms when used in the lawful defense of persons or property.
(6) To firing ranges when approved in writing by the Chief of Police; which approval shall be granted or denied based upon guidelines as prepared by the Chief of Police.
(c) Whoever violates this section is guilty of a misdemeanor of the fourth degree. (Ord. 97-1984. Passed 9-27-84.)