Skip to code content (skip section selection)
For the purposes of this article, the following words and phrases shall have the meanings respectively ascribed to them by this section:
Abandoned motor vehicle means a motor vehicle that:
(1) Has been left upon a street or highway in violation of a law, provision of this Code or other ordinance of the town prohibiting parking;
(2) Is left on property owned or operated by the town for longer than twenty-four (24) hours;
(3) Is left on private property without the consent of the owner, occupant or lessee thereof; or is left on any public street or highway for longer than 24 hours unless it is determined to be a hazard by law enforcement.
Junked motor vehicle means an abandoned motor vehicle that also:
(1) Is partially dismantled or wrecked;
(2) Cannot be self-propelled or moved in the manner in which it was originally intended to move;
Motor vehicles means all machines designed or intended to travel over land or water by self-propulsion or while attached to any self-propelled vehicle.
(Code 1977, § 16-53; Ord. No. 2021-05, § 1 (part), 4-6-2021)
Cross reference— Definitions and rules of construction generally, § 1-2.