2.5: Insurance
The Town requires that contractors have, and maintain, certain types of insurance coverage when they repair, install, construct, or otherwise perform services. Insurance requirements vary depending on the type/scope of services provided. In certain cases, the contractor will need to provide insurance coverage. Insurance coverage may include commercial general liability, automobile liability, worker's compensation insurance, and/or professional liability insurance. The departments are required to follow up with the contractor to ensure insurance records are kept and maintained up-to-date. If the contractor fails to provide insurance coverage requirements, or documentation is not provided to the Town; the Town reserves the right to terminate the contract with the contractor for cause.