Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(a) Special Events shall mean the use of the Park and Pavilion and /or Multi-Purpose Room. A reservation under this section is entitled to the exclusive use of the Pavilion and or Multi-Purpose Room only. The playground, parking lot, and baseball fields are public facilities open to all.
(1) Mauthe Park shall be allowed to hold special events, as described above, such as craft shows, car shows, bizarre, fairs, and festivals and similar events. At the Park, Vendors can charge for purchase of goods, crafts and food, subject to applicable taxes.
(2) The Organization activity or event shall not commence prior to the aforementioned stated start time and shall end at the aforementioned stated end time.
(3) The Organization is responsible for providing adequate personnel in order to operate the activity or event, including following the general regulations and reservations of the Multi-Purpose room and Pavilion.
(4) Reservations for children or teenage groups must be made by an adult 21 years of age or older and must be supervised as provided in the Regulations of Multi-Purpose or Pavilion Sections.
(5) The Organization is responsible for cleaning up after the activity/event to include but not limited to the following: removing paraphernalia associated with the activity or event on debris in later signage, tables, chairs, equipment, etc. The Organization shall provide an adequate number of trash removal receptacles in order to remove all debris of the park and pavilion area.
(6) The Organization must provide portable toilets general requirements not less than four portable toilets for 300 people without at least one being A.D.A. compliant,
(7) Food and drink concessions must comply with all applicable laws.
(8) The possession, consumption or distribution of alcoholic beverages is PROHIBITED OUTDOORS.
(9) Fireworks are PROHIBITED.
(10) Permits are not transferable.
(11) The Organization shall at all times, produce and maintain at all times liability insurance and as such amounts and with such coverages. It shall be reasonably required by the Park Superintendent and shall name the City of Struthers as an additional insured. The amount and type of insurance shall be determined by the Park Superintendent based upon the nature of the activity and the risk involved. Applicants shall provide the Park Superintendent with the certificate from the insurer evidencing such coverage prior to applicant's use of the park and pavilion area within the time frame prescribed by the Park Superintendent. Tark facilities certificate shall also provide that the insurer shall give the Park Superintendent reasonable advance notice of insurers' intent to cancel the coverage provided.
(12) If any of the park property or grounds, buildings, equipment or facilities are damaged or destroyed due to the negligence or vandalism of any patrons of the organization during any period in which the organization has charge of fame, the organization will be held responsible for cleaning up and/or repairing damages after said activity. The Organization will also bare responsibility for the restoration of damaged/vandalized, equipment, grounds and facilities.
(13) The Park and the City of Struthers accepts no responsibility for the organization or its patrons, employees, sponsors or any other person associated with the activity or event. It is the sole responsibility of the organization to control the activity or event, to protect the people present and maintain required insurance and comply with all applicable laws and regulations as the names organization under this permit of the park facilities. The organization accepts all liability for damages and for the safety of the patron employees, sponsors, volunteers and/or any other person associated.
(14) Upon approval of the permit, individual designated as the contact person must schedule a pre-event meeting with the Park Superintendent order to review these guidelines and policies for the use of the pavilion facility and grounds of the park. Failure to schedule the meeting may result in cancellation of the activity/event.
(15) Exceptions to the aforementioned rules and regulations in terms and conditions may be granted. Therefore the organization must submit a request for an exception would said request justifying the need for such an exception.
(16) Everything is at the discretion of the Park & Recreation Committee of City Council.
(17) The Park Superintendent will advise and guide persons wanting to rent the multi-purpose room and the park and pavilion for a craft show, craft fair or anything similar on the proper rules and procedures. The Park Superintendent will then report all plans/arrangements to the Park & Recreation Committee as necessary. Signature will be required after a walk around is completed and before rental agreement.
(18) All parties intending to serve alcoholic beverages must hire one off-duty Struthers Police Officer at the rate of $25.00 an hour four hours or less. The possession and consumption of alcoholic beverages is permitted only within the Multi-Purpose Center; whereas the use of alcoholic beverages in the parking lot and lawn areas is prohibited. The possession and consumption of alcoholic beverages by persons under 21 years of age is prohibited at all times.
(19) All parties intending to hire a police officer for security purposes must hire one off-duty Struthers Police Officer at the rate of $25.00 dollars per hour for this purpose. Contact Struthers Police Department at 755-9849 to make arrangements.
(20) Violations of these regulations, including the maximum number of attendance permitted in accordance with Section 1, Number 3 of this Ordinance will be cause for the termination of the event in progress and immediate forfeiture of all monies paid. PLEASE NOTE: The possession of alcohol by any person and/or party goers, without prior City approval Section 10 is STRICTLY PROHIBITED and may result in the filing of criminal charges, including, but not limited to Criminal Trespassing and/or Disorderly Conduct. For safety of the premises and to protect the Cities best interest security cameras are being used.
(21) Violation of these regulations, including the maximum occupancy provisions or any of the General Rules and Regulations of Mauthe Park, will be cause for the immediate revocation of the reservation and forfeiture of the reservation fee. If there is a violation of the maximum occupancy, the person (s) who reserved the pavilion may be cited for each violation and, if convicted, shall be punished by a fine of $100.00 per violations, in addition to being cited for any other provision of the Codified Ordinances. For safety of the premises and to protect the Cities best interest security cameras are being used.
(b) Non-Discrimination Policy. It is hereby designated to be the continuing policy of the City of Struthers to do all things necessary and proper to secure for all its residents their right to equal treatment regardless of their race, color, creed, sex, marital status, religious belief, national origin or handicap.
(1) $300.00 FOR USE OF PARK AND PAVILION
(2) $600.00 FOR USE OF PARK, PAVILION AND MULTI-PURPOSE ROOM
(3) DEPOSIT ½ DOWN WITHIN (3) BUSINESS DAYS OF BOOKING AND THE OTHER ½ IS DUE 30 DAYS BEFORE YOUR SCHEDULED SPECIAL EVENT
(4) IN THE EVENT OF A CANCELATION OF THE SCHEDULED SPECIAL EVENT - THE DEPOSIT IS NON-REFUNDABLE DUE TO LOSS OF REVENUE
(Ord. 18-015. Passed 4-25-18.)
CODIFIED ORDINANCES OF STRUTHERS