Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) It is unlawful for any person to operate a snowmobile, ATV not licensed for highway use or ATV licensed for highway use when operating on natural terrain within the limits of the city:
(1) At any place while under the influence of alcohol or drugs, as defined in M.S. § 169A.03, as it may be amended from time to time, which is hereby incorporated herein by reference;
(2) At a rate of speed greater than reasonable or proper under all surrounding circumstances;
(3) At any place in a careless, reckless or negligent manner or heedlessly in disregard of the rights or safety of others, or in a manner so as to endanger or be likely to endanger or cause injury or damage to any person or property;
(4) During the hours from 11:00 p.m. to 7:00 a.m. of any day, closer than 100 feet to any dwelling which is usually occupied by one or more persons unless on a designated marked trail;
(5) So as to tow any person or thing, except through use of a rigid tow bar attached to the rear of the snowmobile or ATV; or
(6) Within 100 feet of any fisherman, pedestrian, skating rink or sliding area where the operation would conflict with use or endanger other persons or property.
(1994 Code, § 9-6.7)
(B) It is unlawful to intentionally drive, chase, run over or kill any animal with a snowmobile or ATV.
(1994 Code, § 9-6.11)
Penalty, see § 70.99