Skip to code content (skip section selection)
A. Compliance Required: A consumer shall make application for service to the town at the town hall in person or by first class mail and shall make the deposits as required in subsection B of this section.
B. Application; Deposit:
1. All consumers, before domestic water shall be furnished to them, shall submit a deposit to the chief fiscal officer or his authorized representative in a sufficient amount to protect the town against loss occasioned by nonpayment of water bill. This amount shall be determined by the procedures outlined in section 8-4-3 of this title.
2. The individual, partnership, business or corporation in whose name the application and deposit are made shall be responsible for payment of all bills incurred in connection with the service furnished. This is in addition to any other persons who may be found liable under the law.
3. A separate deposit shall be required for each meter installed.
4. The deposit receipt shall not be negotiable.
5. Upon discontinuance of service by the consumer, if all bills have been paid, the town shall refund the deposit.
6. Where the town finds that a request for a deposit refund is questionable, the town shall require the consumer to produce the deposit receipt.
7. Upon discontinuance of service for nonpayment of bills, the town shall apply the deposit toward settlement of the account. (Ord. O 12-01, 2-7-2012)