Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(a) It shall be unlawful for any person with intent to harass or abuse another by means of telephone to:
(1) Make any comment, request, suggestion or proposal which is obscene; or
(2) Make a telephone call, whether or not conversation ensues, without disclosing his identity and with intent to harass any person at the called number; or
(3) Make or cause the telephone of another repeatedly or continuously to ring, with intent to harass any person at the called number; or
(4) Make repeated telephone calls, during which conversation ensues, with intent to harass any person at the called number; or
(5) Threaten to commit a crime against any person or property.
(b) It shall be unlawful for any person to knowingly permit any telephone under his control to be used for any purpose prohibited by this section.
(c) Any offense committed under this section may be deemed to have occurred at the place at which the telephone call was made, or at the place at which the telephone call was received.
(d) Any person who violates any provision of this section shall be guilty of a misdemeanor, and, shall be fined not more than five hundred dollars, or confined in the County Jail not more than 30 days, or both fined and imprisoned.
(Ord. 2005-12. Passed 6-6-05.)