Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(a) All storage of used and scrap tires on, in or around commercial occupancies in the City of St. Albans which exceeds forty-eight (48) used or scrap tires shall comply with all requirements of West Virginia State Fire Code 18.104.22.168 through 22.214.171.124.
(1) These requirements shall specifically include no used or scrap tires in any amount shall be permitted to remain on the property for a period exceeding ninety (90) days.
(2) All outdoor storage of used or scrap tires shall be free from trash and debris within the site.
(3) The owner and operator of outdoor storage of used or scrap tires in excess of forty-eight (48) shall maintain controlled access to the property with only one entrance/exit and shall install security lighting for use during evening and nighttime hours as designated by the St. Albans Fire Department.
(4) All outdoor storage of used or scrap tires in excess of forty-eight (48) shall have a perimeter security chain link ( fence of a minimum height of six feet, or a shipping container made of fire resistive material approved by the St. Albans Fire Department Bureau of Fire Prevention.
(5) All outdoor storage of used or scrap tires, shredded or un-shredded, shall be separated into individual piles on the property. No pile may exceed fifty (50) feet wide by fifty (50) feet deep by fifteen (15) inches in height. (Ord. 2020-03. Passed 3-16-20.)