Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(a) The safety of all parties involved in or affected by a parade, road race, traffic diversion, or assemblage is of primary concern. With this in mind, there are certain limitations to any permit granted.
(b) Any permit for any parade, road race, traffic diversion, or assemblage may be cancelled, delayed, or altered based on situations which include but are not limited to:
(1) Inclement weather of a potentially hazardous nature (lightning strikes, high winds, heavy snow, ice on the roads).
(2) Natural disaster (flooding, tornado, derecho, etc.)
(3) Man-made disaster (chemical leak, explosion, fire, vehicle crash, water leaks, downed power lines, no electricity, etc.).
(4) Criminal activity or event which could impact the safety of those near.
(5) Any other situation which could impact the safety of any party involved in or affected by a parade, road race, traffic diversion, or assemblage.
(c) Any such decision may be made by either the senior City Police or Fire Department officer on the scene.
(Ord. 2015-05. Passed 5-4-15.)