Skip to code content (skip section selection)
The notice of any violation of this zoning code shall be as follows:
(A) Whenever the Building Official determines that there is a violation of any provision of this zoning code, a notice of such violation shall be issued. Such notice shall:
(1) Be in writing;
(2) Identify the violation;
(3) Include a statement of the reason or reasons why it is being issued and refer to the section of this zoning code being violated; and
(4) State the time by which the violation shall be corrected.
(B) Service of notice of the violation shall be as follows:
(1) By personal delivery to the person or persons responsible, or by leaving the notice at the usual place of residence of the owner with a person 16 years of age or older; or
(2) By certified mail, and first class mail simultaneously, addressed to the person or persons responsible at a last known address. Service shall be deemed complete when the fact of the mailing is entered of record, provided that the first class mail envelope is not returned by the postal authorities with an endorsement showing failure of delivery; or
(3) By posting a copy of the notice form in a conspicuous place on the premises found in violation.
(Ord. 4-2016, passed 3-2-16)