Skip to code content (skip section selection)
ORDINANCE NO. 03-14-2017-01
An ordinance adopting and approving the Town of South Whitley Code.
WHEREAS, the Town Council of the Town of South Whitley has caused all ordinances of a permanent and general nature of the municipality to be revised, codified, rearranged renumbered and consolidated into the South Whitley Code published by American Legal Publishing Corporation; and
WHEREAS, the Board of Trustees has examined the South Whitley Code and has found that the Code should be approved and become effective;
BE IT ORDAINED BY THE TOWN COUNCIL OF THE INCORPORATED TOWN OF SOUTH WHITLEY, INDIANA THAT:
1. The “South Whitley Code” is hereby adopted pursuant to I.C. 36-1-5-3 as the code of all permanent and general ordinances of the Town of South Whitley.
2. All provisions of the "South Whitley Code" not incompatible with future legislation shall apply to ordinances hereafter adopted which amend or supplement this code unless otherwise specifically provided.
3. This code from and after its effective date, shall contain all provisions of a general nature pertaining to the subjects therein enumerated and embraced. All prior ordinances pertaining to the subjects treated by this code shall be deem repealed from and after the effective date of this code.
4. All ordinances of a temporary or special nature and all other ordinances pertaining to subjects not embraced in this code shall remain in full force and effect unless herein repealed expressly or by necessary implication.
5. Two copies of the “South Whitley Code” shall be on file for public inspection in the office of the Clerk-Treasurer of the Town of South Whitley.
6. BE IT FURTHER ORDAINED that the “South Whitley Code” shall be in full force and effect on April 1, 2017, said date being after the passage of this Ordinance and after the publication of this Ordinance in the Tribune-News, a newspaper of general circulation published weekly in the Town of South Whitley, Indiana.
INTRODUCED BEFORE THE COUNCIL OF THE TOWN OF SOUTH WHITLEY, INDIANA THIS 14th DAY OF MARCH, 2017.
PASSED (BY UNANIMOUS CONSENT OR UPON SECOND READING) BY THE TOWN COUNCIL THIS 28th DAY OF MARCH, 2017.
\s\ Randall C. Cokl
Randall C. Cokl
ATTEST: \s\ Les Hoffman
\s\ Janet Howard \s\ Bill Boggs
Janet Howard, Clerk-Treasurer Bill Boggs