Skip to code content (skip section selection)
The Chief of Public Works shall, subject to the supervision and control of the Mayor:
(1) Supervise the repair and maintenance of all streets, avenues, alleys, sidewalks and other public ways;
(2) Supervise the inspection of all building construction and electrical plumbing, sewerage, elevator and related installations, as required by ordinance;
(3) Supervise the cleaning of streets, removal of ice, snow, leaves and debris, and the collection and disposal of all refuse and garbage;
(4) Supervise all City garages and repair facilities, and be responsible for the maintenance and repair of all City operated automotive, construction, mechanical, industrial, electrical, communications and similar equipment; and
(5) Provide or supervise custodial services for all buildings and grounds owned, leased, operated or maintained by this City, except as otherwise provided by law.