A.   Any consumer may present a claim to the city if he or she believes that he or she may have received an incorrect bill.  The claim shall be presented in person at the City Hall before the bill becomes delinquent, provided that the consumer may make a claim following payment of his or her bill and his or her payment shall not prejudice his or her claim.
   B.   The claim shall not exempt the consumer from delinquency penalties if he or she fails to pay his or her bill on time.