(a)   Any person, firm, or corporation desiring a change in regulations, restriction, or boundaries of the zoning map shall make application for that change to the planning commission. Written application shall be filed with the department of planning and building services of the city, requesting a change in the zoning district classification.
   (b)   The application shall be provided by the planning department and be completed in full by the applicant. The application shall include a legal description or zoning exhibit to legally describe the property within the application.
   (c)   The applicant shall ensure that the property owner(s) within the area desiring a zoning district change has been notified. Notification may include signatures on the application or letters sent to the owner(s). The applicant shall provide evidence of the notification at the time of the application.
   (d)   The city council may from time to time on its own motion, after public notice and hearing, and after a report by the planning commission, amend, supplement or change the boundaries or regulations herein or subsequently established.
   (e)   In conjunction with a change of zoning classification, a developer or city council may include certain conditions that shall guide the development of the zoning district. Conditions may only be amended by a subsequent change of zoning. Types of situations where conditions are eligible include:
      (1)   Limitations in certain uses typically eligible within a zoning district.
      (2)   Additional transitional requirements for the zoning district to transition to an adjacent zoning district by conditioning the approval of an alternative site plan.
   (f)   Any transitional conditions issued by the city council shall be in written form and with enough detail to provide the applicant with enough guidance to develop and build the site transitions. All conditions shall be included in the approval letter sent by the planning office to the applicant.
(1992 Code, App. B, § 15.61.010) (Ord. 42-83, passed 6-27-1983; Ord. 50-09, passed 6-1-2009; Ord. 9-13, passed 3-19-2013)