Skip to code content (skip section selection)
Required driveways may be permitted to pass through a front yard at a perpendicular angle to the street to reach parking, loading and stacking spaces in the side or rear yards.
(a) Where residential driveway access is onto a principal arterial or minor arterial street, as designated on the city's functional classification street map, a turnaround with a maximum area of 240 square feet for a one-stall garage; 205 square feet for a two-stall garage; and 168 square feet for a three-stall garage may be located adjacent to the driveway. However, it shall not be used as a parking space.
(b) Where residential driveway access is onto a public or private street, a circular driveway may be permitted subject to:
(1) The lot's minimum street frontage is 74 feet.
(2) One of the entrances is utilized as a common driveway to the garage, except where the garage access is from another street.
(3) The inside curve radius of the driveway meets the required front yard setback.
(4) The maximum driveway width is 15 feet.
(5) The minimum driveway width is 12 feet.
(1992 Code, App. B, § 15.51.140) (Ord. 42-83, passed 6-27-1983; Ord. 60-94, passed 7-5-1994; Ord. 82-94, passed 9-6-1994; Ord. 9-13, passed 3-19-2013)