Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) Source selection. Unless otherwise authorized by law, all city contracts shall be awarded under one of the following sections:
(1) Competitive sealed bidding, IFB (Invitation for Bids) § 39.11.
(2) Competitive sealed proposals, RFP (Request for Proposals) § 39.12.
(3) Small purchases, § 39.14.
(4) Sole source procurement, § 39.15.
(5) Emergency procurements, § 39.16.
(6) Procurement of construction, architect, engineer, and land surveying services, § 39.25.
(7) Supply management, § 39.28.
(B) Special procurements. Notwithstanding the provisions of paragraph (A), the Chief Procurement Officer may initiate a procurement using an alternate method of source selection, as provided in Title 41, Chapter 23, Article 3 of the Arizona Procurement Code. A written determination of the basis for the procurement and for the selection of the particular contractor shall be included by the Chief Procurement Officer in the contract file.
(Ord. 2008-012, passed 6-12-08; Am. Ord. 2016-008, passed 12-8-16)