When any block of sidewalk or sidewalk area requires repair in accordance with § 41.050, the Director of Public Works/City Engineer or his/her designee shall provide written notice of the required repairs to the persons owning the real estate who are responsible for repairing the blocks of the sidewalk or sidewalk area under the provisions of § 41.050.  The notice shall provide a timeframe for completion of the required repairs, as designated by the Director of Public Works/City Engineer.  Records maintained by the Shelby County Property Valuation Administrator may be relied upon to determine the identity and address of the owner of the real estate.  Receipt of the notice shall be presumed conclusively unless and until notification of a change of address of such owners is received by the city.  Notwithstanding the foregoing provisions, prior to receiving a notice per the provisions of this section, any respective property owner may file a written request with the Director of Public Works/City Engineer for the commencement of repairs on a sidewalk for which that party is responsible, and for the costs of the repairs to be apportioned between the city and the property owner(s) in accordance with the provisions of § 41.052.  Any such requests must be approved in writing by the Director of Public Works/City Engineer prior to the commencement of any work.
(Ord. 95-03-02, passed 3-2-95; Am. Ord. 2019-08-15(B), passed 8-15-19)