Skip to code content (skip section selection)
A. Reckless Driving:
1. Offense Enumerated: Any person who drives any vehicle in wilful or wanton disregard for the safety of persons or property is guilty of reckless driving.
2. Penalty: Every person convicted of reckless driving shall be subject to penalty as provided in section 1-4-1 of this code. (1975 Code § 10.16.010; amd. 2008 Code)
B. Driving Under Influence: The city adopts the current provisions of Montana Code Annotated section 61-8-401, and all related statutes referred to therein, relating to persons driving while under the influence of alcohol or drugs, which relate to misdemeanor criminal offenses. (Ord. 748, 6-5-2000, eff. 6-5-2000)
C. Exhibition Driving:
1. Definition: "Motor vehicles" include automobiles, trucks, buses, tractors, motorcycles, motorbikes and motor scooters.
2. Misdemeanor Action Enumerated: Persons who drive a motor vehicle within the limits of the city in such a manner that creates or causes unnecessary engine noise, or horn noise, or tire squeal skid, or skid upon acceleration or stop, or simulates a temporary race, or that causes the vehicle to unnecessarily turn abruptly or sway, is guilty of exhibition driving, a misdemeanor. (1975 Code § 10.16.030)
3. Penalty: Conviction for violation of this subsection C is punishable as provided in section 1-4-1 of this code. (1975 Code § 10.16.030; amd. 2008 Code)