Skip to code content (skip section selection)
The Board of Zoning Appeals may grant variances to provisions of this Chapter as applied to any Wireless Telecommunication Facility application pending before the Board of Zoning Appeals. The Board of Zoning Appeals shall make a determination on a proposed variance to any provisions of this Chapter based on Chapter 1213.04 Variances and on the following criteria:
1. The Wireless Telecommunication Facility as proposed will be in keeping with the land use policies established by the City Council.
2. The Facility as proposed will be in harmony with the general and specific purposes for which the Zoning Ordinance and this Chapter were enacted and for which the regulations of the district in question were established.
3. The Facility as proposed will not create any public nuisance.
4. The Facility as proposed will not have a substantial or undue adverse impact upon adjacent property, the character or historic integrity of the neighborhood or area, or the public peace, health, safety and general welfare.
5. The Facility as proposed will be constructed, arranged and operated so as not to excessively interfere with the use and development of neighboring property in accordance with the applicable district regulations.
6. The Facility as proposed will be served adequately by essential public facilities and services such as streets, public utilities, drainage structures, police and fire protection.
7. The Facility as proposed will not result in unnecessary destruction, loss, or damage of any natural, scenic, or historic feature of significant importance.
8. The Facility as proposed complies with all other standards imposed on it by this Chapter.