Skip to code content (skip section selection)
On June 12, 1926, a petition was filed with the Cuyahoga County Commissioners requesting that Seven Hills Village be created out of what remained of the extreme western part of the Original Independence Township.
This covered an area of 4.86 square miles, bounded on the north by Brooklyn Village, on the east by Independence Village, on the south by Sprague Road and on the west by Broadview Road.
At a meeting of the County Commissioners on September 1, 1926, this request was granted.
The first mention of Seven Hills as an incorporated Village was on February 26, 1927.
Due to the hilly terrain and the elevation of the land, the petitioners selected the name of Seven Hills Village, after the Seven Hills of Rome.
The City of Seven Hills operated under the general statutory plan of government until October 18, 1966, when the Charter adopting the Mayor-Council form of government was approved by the voters at a special election.
CODIFIED ORDINANCES OF SEVEN HILLS