Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) Fees for each registry shall be established by City Council and posted in the Office of the City Clerk.
(B) (1) Registration renewals for non-owner occupied property shall be due on the fourth Friday of February of each year.
(2) Registrations shall all expire on the fourth Friday of February of each year regardless of application date.
(C) Registration renewals for unoccupied property shall be due on December 30 of each year.
(1) All unoccupied properties must be registered within 60 days of the enactment of this subchapter.
(2) Registrations shall expire on December 30 of each year regardless of application date. If December 30 should fall on a holiday or weekend the fee shall be due on the next regular business day.
(D) An additional late charge of 100% of the base fee shall apply and be assessed in the event of any of the following:
(1) Failure to register a non-owner occupied or unoccupied property within 30 days of date of written notice from the city that the property is in violation of this subchapter.
(2) Failure to pay the registration renewal fee by the required date each year.
(3) Failure to register a non-owner occupied or unoccupied property within 60 days of transfer of title in the property.
(4) Failure to provide the City Clerk the required notice of any change in the information provided in the registry, including but not limited to a change in vacancy status or a change in contact information for the owner and/or controller within 30 days of the date of the change.
(E) Failure to pay any applicable fees or late fees shall be deemed a personal debt of the owner to the city, which may be collected as other personal debts, as enforcement costs or by restitution orders as allowed by law, or assessed as a lien against the property, including interest thereon, until paid.
(Prior Code, § 151.101) (Ord. O-151, passed 9-23-2013, effective 10-3-2013; Ord. O-160, passed 4-20-2015, effective 4-30-2015; Ord. O-209, passed 4-1-2019, effective 4-11-2019; Ord. O-212, passed 8-19-2019, effective 8-29-2019)