Skip to code content (skip section selection)
Moved by Council Member Bryant, seconded by Council Member Boensch that an ordinance introduced on July 23, 2018, be taken up and enacted, entitled and reading as follows:
AN ORDINANCE TO ADOPT THE GENERAL REVISIONS TO AND COMPILATION OF THE CITY OF SAGINAW CODE OF ORDINANCES, WHICH AMEND, REVISE, AND COMPILE ALL CITY ORDINANCES PURSUANT TO SECTION 24 OF CHAPTER IV OF THE SAGINAW CITY CHARTER, WHICH INCLUDES THE ADMINISTRATIVE CODE, ADMINISTRATION, PUBLIC SERVICES, TRAFFIC REGULATIONS, GENERAL REGULATIONS, BUSINESS REGULATIONS, GENERAL OFFENSES, LAND USAGE, AND SPECIAL ORDINANCES.
The City of Saginaw Ordains:
An ordinance to adopt the general revisions to and compilation of the City of Saginaw Code of Ordinances, which includes the Administrative Code, Administration, Public Services, Traffic Regulations, General Regulations, Business Regulations, General Offenses, Land Usage, and Special Ordinances.
1. The City Charter at Chapter IV, “Legislation,” § 24 “Compilation and Revision,” states that City Council shall, by resolution, order a general revision and compilation of the City’s ordinances.
2. City Council adopted resolution 2017-031 on June 19, 2017 ordering a general revision and compilation of the City’s Code of Ordinance, O-1.
3. The City awarded the general revision and compilation project to American Legal Publishing Corporation of Cincinnati, Ohio.
4. American Legal Publishing Corporation has completed the revision and compilation, which contains all ordinances of a general and permanent nature enacted since supplement 25 to the Code of Ordinances.
5. It is necessary to provide for the usual daily operation of the municipality and for the preservation of the public peace, health, safety and general welfare of the municipality that this ordinance be adopted.
6. The general revision and compilation to the Code of Ordinance as submitted by American Legal Publishing Corporation is adopted by reference as if set out in its entirety.
7. Such revision and compilation shall be the City’s Code of Ordinance and shall be deemed published as of the day of its adoption and approval by the City Council and the City Clerk is hereby authorized and ordered to replace the Code of Ordinance, O-1 kept on file in the Office of the City Clerk.
8. Copies of the Code of Ordinances are available at the City Clerk’s Office, at cost, and will be available to access on the Internet.
This ordinance shall become effective September 6, 2018.
Enacted: August 27, 2018.
ORDINANCE DECLARED ADOPTED
Dennis D. Browning Janet Santos, CMMC/MMC
Mayor City Clerk
I, Janet Santos, City Clerk of the City of Saginaw, Michigan, do hereby certify that the foregoing is a true and complete copy of the ordinance adopted by the City of Saginaw, Saginaw County, State of Michigan, at a public meeting held on August 27, 2018; the original thereof is on file in the records of my office; the meeting was conducted and public notice of said meeting was given pursuant to Act No. 267, Public Acts of Michigan, 1976, as amended, and minutes of this meeting were kept and will be made available as required.
Janet Santos, CMMC/MMC