Any citizen of the Village may set forth in detail the violation, its location and the name of the owner and occupant of the property in which such nuisance is alleged, and may file the affidavit either with the police department or the Village Building and Zoning Administrator. The police department or the Building and Zoning Administrator shall then assign an individual to investigate such charge and, if such nuisance exists, to issue a notice to the owner(s) or occupant(s), or both, of the property, as provided in subsection 5-1-7 of this Chapter. (Ord. 1068, 8-17-2020)