Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) It is a curfew violation for a child 15, 16, or 17 years of age to be in a public place:
(1) Between 1:00 a.m. and 5:00 a.m. on Saturday or Sunday;
(2) After 11:00 p.m. on Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday; or
(3) Before 5:00 a.m. on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday.
(B) A law enforcement officer may not detain a child or take a child into custody based on violation of this section unless the law enforcement officer, after making a reasonable determination and considering the facts and surrounding circumstances, reasonably believes that:
(1) The child has violated this section; and
(2) There is no legal defense to the violation.
(2000 Code, § 5-1) (Ord. 1989-2, passed 9-13-1988; Ord. 2003-1, passed 3-3-2003; Ord. 2007-5, passed 6-12-2007; Ord. 2011-1, passed 3-8-2011) Penalty, see § 130.99