Skip to code content (skip section selection)
A. Sports, Convention Or Cultural Facility: The city council may issue to the holder of an on-sale intoxicating liquor license issued by the city or a municipality adjacent to the city, a license to allow the dispensing of intoxicating liquor at any convention, banquet, conference, meeting or social affair conducted on the premises of a sports, convention or cultural facility owned by the city. The licensee must be engaged to dispense intoxicating liquor at an event held by a person or organization permitted to use the premises and may dispense intoxicating liquor only to persons attending the event. The licensee may not dispense intoxicating liquor to any person attending or participating in an amateur athletic event held on the premises.
B. Community Festivals: The city council may issue to the holder of an on-sale intoxicating liquor license issued by the city, a license to allow the dispensing of intoxicating liquor off premises at a community festival held within the municipality. The authorization shall specify the area in which the intoxicating liquor must be dispensed and consumed, and shall not be issued unless the licensee demonstrates that it has liability insurance.
C. Application Process: Applicants for public premises licenses set forth in this section, shall be subject to the following process:
1. Annual Application: Applicants for a public premises license shall annually apply to the city for such license. The application shall set forth the applicant's desire for such license, the nature and duration of its existing on-sale intoxicating liquor license and contain the license fee set forth in subsection 3-1-5A of this chapter.
2. Hearing Not Required: No public hearing as set forth in subsection 3-1-6B of this chapter shall be required for the granting of an on-sale license on public premises.
3. Application Approval: The city council shall approve the application if it determines the applicant has a duly issued on- sale intoxicating liquor license issued by the city or an adjacent municipality and if it further determines that the applicant is in good standing with regard to the applicant's on- sale intoxicating liquor license.
4. Duration: The license granted under this section shall remain in effect from its issuance until December 31 of the year in which it is issued. Licenses issued under this section are subject to annual renewal.
D. Other Conditions: In addition to the requirements otherwise set forth in this section, public premises licensees shall be subject to the following conditions:
1. Event Fees: In addition to the annual license fee set forth in subsection 3-1-5A of this chapter, a licensee shall pay a per event fee. Such fee shall be established from time to time by resolution of the city council.
2. Minnesota Products: If a licensee under this section is selling beer for on premises consumption, the licensee shall make provision for the sale of at least one Minnesota produced beer at each station on the premises where beer is being sold.
3. Events; Special Conditions: Whenever the city council determines that a specific event for which the licensee will be providing on-sale intoxicating liquor requires special or unique conditions, the city council may impose same and the licensee shall abide by all such conditions. (Ord. 2015-06, 7-7-2015)