Skip to code content (skip section selection)
A. Fees: The fees for licenses, amendments and permits shall be as established from time to time by resolution of the city council subject to limitations set by Minnesota statutes 340A and this code.
B. Payment Of Fees: The license fee for a new license shall be paid in full before the application for the license is accepted, and at least ten (10) days before the public hearing on the application. All fees shall be paid into the general fund of the city. Upon rejection of any application for a license or upon withdrawal of an application before approval of the issuance by the council, the license fee shall be refunded to the applicant.
C. Term, Pro Rata Fee: Each license shall be issued for a period of one year except that if the application is made during the license year, a license may be issued for the remainder of the year for a pro rata fee, with any unexpired fraction of a month being counted as one month. Every license shall expire as provided in section 3-1-6 of this chapter.
D. Refunds: No refund of any fee shall be made except as authorized by Minnesota statutes, section 340A.408.
E. Investigation Fees: Investigation fees for other than temporary licenses shall be as follows:
1. For initial license investigations conducted within the state of Minnesota, the investigation fee shall be five hundred dollars ($500.00) or the maximum set by Minnesota statutes 340A.412.
2. For initial license investigations conducted outside of the state of Minnesota, the investigation fee shall be the actual cost of the investigation, but not to exceed ten thousand dollars ($10,000.00). At the time of the original application for a license, the applicant shall deposit one thousand five hundred dollars ($1,500.00) with the city for the investigation fee. Any fees due in excess of the one thousand five hundred dollar ($1,500.00) deposit must be paid prior to the license hearing and before the city council considers the application. Any deposit amount in excess of the actual cost of the investigation shall be returned to the applicant.
3. At any time an additional investigation is required due to one or more of the following, the city may charge an additional investigation fee up to five hundred dollars ($500.00) or the maximum set by Minnesota statutes 340A.412:
a. Change In Ownership: A change in the ownership of any licensee or control of a corporate license within the meaning of section 3-1-4 of this chapter,
b. Change In Operating Officer Or Agent: A change in the operating officer, proprietor, manager, or other agent in charge of the licensed premises.
c. Enlargement Or Substantial Alteration: An enlargement or substantial alteration of the premises already licensed which, in the city's opinion, changes the character of the establishment,
d. Change Of Ownership, Exception: Where a new application is filed as a result of incorporation by an existing licensee and the ownership control and interest in the license are unchanged, no additional investigation fee will be required.
4. If requested, the city will furnish the applicant verification of all costs in excess of two thousand five hundred dollars ($2,500.00).
5. Investigation fees for temporary license shall be established from time to time by resolution of the city council. (Ord. 2015-06, 7-7-2015)