Skip to code content (skip section selection)
A. Frequency Of Collection: Each licensed collector shall make collections at least weekly or more often if necessary in that portion of the city in which the collector is licensed to collect solid waste or yard waste.
1. Exception: Single sort recycling shall be allowed biweekly collection.
B. Payment For Collection: The expense of solid waste and yard waste collection shall be paid to the collector by the owner, agent, occupant or tenant of the premises from which such solid waste and yard waste is collected, and such fee shall be full compensation for his services in such collection, provided that if the tenant or occupant of the property shall fail to pay said expense, the owner shall be liable therefor to the collector.
C. Discontinuance Of Service: The collector may decline to make collections from any premises when the fees provided for herein are not paid within one month from date such refuse is collected. The collector shall notify the city clerk of the discontinuance of service to any premises within two (2) days after service is discontinued.
D. Collector Requirements: Each licensed collector shall comply with the following:
1. Recyclable Materials: Make available weekly (or biweekly for single sort recycling) curbside collection of recyclable materials to all residential customers. The city council may designate by resolution specific materials for which collection must be available. Collection of recyclable materials from such a customer shall be made at the same time, at the same location, and with the same frequency as collection of solid waste from that customer. No fee may be charged to a customer for this service.
2. Disposal Of Recyclable Materials: Dispose of recyclable materials at a licensed recycling facility, an organized recyclable materials drive, or through another licensed hauler of recyclable materials. No fee may be charged to a customer for this service.
3. Collection Of Waste And Recyclable Materials By Residential Haulers: Haulers shall conduct collections as follows:
a. West of Akron Avenue collection may occur only on Monday or Tuesday.
b. East of Akron Avenue collection may occur on any day of the week.
4. Hours Of Collection: Haulers shall conduct collections as follows:
a. Monday through Friday, from six o'clock (6:00) A.M. to eight o'clock (8:00) P.M.
b. Saturday, from six o'clock (6:00) A.M. to eight o'clock (8:00) P.M.
c. Sunday, from eight o'clock (8:00) A.M. to six o'clock (6:00) P.M.
5. Placement Of Waste Containers And Mandatory Use Of Enclosures: Haulers shall conduct collection as follows:
b. No waste containers may be placed or delivered so as to be in violation of city ordinance.
c. No waste containers may be placed within the driving or parking lanes of public streets, roads, or highways.
d. Haulers will clean up any spillage of waste that occurs while they are collecting and transferring waste.
e. Haulers will close and secure the gates of all waste container enclosures when finished collecting and transferring waste from any location with an enclosure. (Ord. XVI.59, 12-2-2008)