Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) Alcohol treatment center, hospital (including mental and sanitarium).
(B) Bakery or candy store where baked goods or candy are made on the premises.
(C) Borrow pit to a depth of more than three feet.
(D) Church (including open-air), fairgrounds, and race track other than as allowed in § 153.076(J).
(Ord. 87-11, passed 7-27-87)
(E) Duplex, dwelling group, labor camp, single-family dwelling or mobile home parks which meet the “Mobile Home Park Standards” as adopted by resolution of the City Council.
(Ord. 88-14, passed 11-28-88)
(F) Hobby kennels that meet the following requirements:
(1) No more than ten dogs over four months old.
(2) All dogs must be owned by the property owner.
(3) Kennel must be accessory to existing single-family dwelling.
(G) Natural mineral resources, the development of, or exploration for, together with the necessary buildings, apparatus, or appurtenances incidental thereto.
(H) Secondhand stores or used merchandise (the sale of secondhand automobiles, wrecked automobiles, and junk are prohibited) offered for sale, provided that all materials displayed or offered for sale be within an enclosed building.
(Am. Ord. 98-02, passed 7-13-98)
(I) Utility facilities including communication equipment buildings and electrical substations, together with the necessary buildings, apparatus or appurtenances thereto.
(J) One mobile home if the following requirements are met:
(1) The mobile home shall be clearly secondary to the commercial use of the property.
(2) There are no other residences on the property.
(3) The mobile home shall not be rented or leased independent of the principal use to which it is necessary.
(4) The exterior of the mobile home shall be compatible with the commercial building(s) on the property.
(5) The permit shall be reviewed annually to ensure continued compliance with the provisions of this title.
(6) A finding shall be made that other feasible security measures have been tried and that there is a demonstrated need for additional security.
(K) Apartments, boarding houses, multiple dwelling, dwelling groups, and rooming houses provided it is determined that the use will not adversely affect commercial uses in the area and that commercial uses will not adversely affect the proposed use.
(L) Service stations (excluding major repair).
(Ord. 87-11, passed 7-27-87)
(M) Residential care homes for more than seven persons, provided it is determined that the care home will not adversely affect commercial uses in the area and that commercial uses will not adversely affect the proposed care home.
(Ord. 89-03, passed 6-26-89)
(N) Emergency shelters as defined in § 153.003.
(O) Transitional housing as defined in § 153.003.
(P) Supportive housing as defined in § 153.003.
(Q) Hookah lounges and vapor bars, as defined in § 153.003 and shall meet the following minimum proximity requirements:
(1) No hookah lounge or vapor bar shall be located within 1,000 feet of any other such shop.
(2) No hookah lounge or vapor bar shall be located within 500 feet of any parcel of land zoned for residential use.
(3) No hookah lounge or vapor bar shall be located within 600 feet of any parcel of land that contains any one or more of the following specific land uses:
(a) Religious facility;
(c) Day nursery;
(d) Public playground/park/recreation area;
(f) Vocational or professional institution; or
(g) Institution of higher education, including community or junior college, college, or university.
(`67 Code, § 10-7-3) (Am. Ord. 2015-002, passed 2-24-15; Am. Ord. 2015-009, passed 4-14-15)