§ 153.076  USES PERMITTED.
   The following uses shall be allowed provided that the use is conducted wholly within an enclosed building or within a six-foot high solid uniformly painted fence and that no operation shall cause an unreasonable amount of noise, odor, dust, mud, smoke, vibration, or electrical interference detectable off the site.
   (A)   Churches (excluding open-air or tent), day care centers, private or vocational schools, and public swimming pool.
   (B)   Offices, professional and other.
   (C)   Parking lots.
   (D)   Public or quasi-public utilities and buildings except those listed in § 153.077(I).
   (E)   Retail sales only when conducted entirely within an enclosed building, including:
      (1)   Appliance (sales and service);
      (2)   Bakery (no baking permitted on-site);
      (3)   Camera;
      (4)   Candy (no candy-making on-site);
      (5)   China
      (6)   Clothing;
      (7)   Confections;
      (8)   Drapery (sewing and sales permitted);
      (9)   Pharmacy;
      (10)   Dry goods;
      (11)   Florists;
      (12)   Food;
      (13)   Groceries;
      (14)   Ice dealer (less than five tons, sales only);
      (15)   Jewelry (excluding wholesale manufacture);
      (16)   Liquor store;
      (17)   News dealer;
      (18)   Radio (sales and service);
      (19)   Shoes;
      (20)   Stationery;
      (21)   Tattoo establishments or body art establishments, subject to the requirements of Chapter 125;
      (22)   Television (sales and service);
      (23)   Variety; and
      (24)   Other uses which are determined by the Community Development Director to be similar.
   (F)   Service establishments only when conducted entirely within an enclosed building, including bank, barber shop, beauty shop, cafe, clinic (except veterinary), delicatessen, dressmaking, ice cream parlor, launderette, restaurant, tailor, and upholstery.
   (G)   Garage sales as defined in § 153.003.
   (H)   Signs as allowed in §§ 153.280 through 153.285.
   (I)   Temporary construction building to house tools and equipment or containing supervisory offices in connection with construction projects during active construction on the same property.
   (J)   Temporary uses such as a circus, carnival, fair or festival, provided that they meet the following requirements:
      (1)   The use shall be temporary in nature and shall not last more than four days.
      (2)   The organizers of the event shall notify the Riverbank Police Services Division of their intentions at least 30 days prior to the scheduled beginning of the event.
      (3)   A business license shall be obtained as required by § 110.18 of the city code.
      (4)   Licenses will only be issued to local businesses or shopping centers when conducted on the same property as the business/shopping center or to local nonprofit organizations.
      (5)   The use need not be in an enclosed building or fenced.
   (K)   Home occupations as defined in § 153.003 and regulated in §§ 153.265 through 153.267 when conducted within an existing home.
   (L)   Accessory buildings normally incidental to permitted uses, provided that such buildings are constructed concurrent with, or subsequent to the construction of the permitted use.
(`67 Code, § 10-7-2)  (Am. Ord. 98-02, passed 7-13-98; Am. Ord. 2015- 001, passed 2-24-15)