Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) The Sheriff's Commander or his authorized representative shall have 30 days from the date the application is accepted as complete in which to investigate the application and background of the applicant. Upon completion of the investigation, the Sheriff's Commander or his designated representative shall approve or deny the permit. The Sheriff's Commander may refuse to issue permit for escort or figure model for any of the following reasons, which reasons will be set forth fully in writing and delivered to the applicant:
(1) The applicant has been convicted of any of the offenses enumerated in § 118.13 (C)(5) and (C)(6), or convicted of an offense outside the State of California that would have constituted any of the described offenses if committed within the State of California. A permit may be issued to any person convicted of any of the crimes described if such conviction occurred more than five years prior to the date of the application.
(2) The applicant has been licensed or registered in any state as a prostitute.
(3) Any false statements made in the initial application for escort or figure model permit.
(4) That the applicant has had an escort or figure model permit denied or revoked for cause by this city within the last five years.
(5) That the applicant is not at least 18 years of age.
(6) That the applicant has not paid the required fee to the City Finance Department.
(B) An application for renewal for an escort or figure model permit shall be accompanied by a non-refundable filing fee, as established by resolution adopted by the City Council from time to time.
(Ord. 2000-07, passed 6-26-00)