Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) An applicant for an escort or figure model permit shall make an application under penalty of perjury to the Sheriff's Commander or his authorized representative upon a form provided by the city. A non-refundable fee, as established by resolution adopted by the City Council from time to time, shall be paid to the city to reimburse the city for the cost of the investigation. A copy of the receipt issued by the City Finance Department shall accompany the application. The permit fee required under this section is in addition to any other license or permit fee required by this Code of Ordinances.
(B) The application for permit does not authorize the applicant to act as an escort or as a figure model until the permit has been granted.
(C) Every application submitted to the Sheriff's Commander shall include the following information:
(1) The applicant's full name, any other names used, date of birth, California driver's license number or California identification number, social security number, present residence address, telephone number, sex, height, weight, color of hair, and color of eyes.
(2) Previous two residence addresses of the applicant and the inclusive dates at each address.
(3) The applicant's business, occupation, and employment history for five years preceding the date of application and inclusive dates of same.
(4) The permit history of the applicant; whether the person ever had any permit or license issued to him or her by any other public entity in this state; the date of issuance of any such permit or license, whether any such permit or license has ever been revoked or suspended; and if any such license or permit has been revoked or suspended, the reason therefore.
(5) All convictions for any crimes involving conduct which requires registration under any state law similar to and including Cal. Penal Code § 290, or of conduct which is a violation of the provisions of any state laws similar to and including Cal. Penal Code §§ 243.4, 261, 261.5, 262, 266a, 266b, 266c, 266d, 266e, 266f, 266g, 266h, 266i, 266j, 267, 309, 311.2, 311.3, 311.4, 311.5, 311.6, 311.10, 311.11, 313.1, 314, 315, 336, 318, 647(a), 647(b), 647(d), or 647.6.
(6) Any offense requiring registration under provisions of Cal. Health and Safety Code § 11590; or any felony offense involving the possession, possession for sale, sale, transportation, furnishing, giving away of a controlled substance specified in Cal. Health and Safety Code §§ 11054 through 11058, or as those sections may hereafter be amended or renumbered.
(7) Whether such person is or has ever been licensed or registered as a prostitute, or otherwise authorized by the laws of any other jurisdiction to engage in prostitution in such other jurisdiction. If any person mentioned in this division has ever been licensed or registered as a prostitute, or otherwise authorized by the laws of any other state to engage in prostitution, a statement shall be submitted giving the place of such registration, licensing or legal authorization, and the inclusive dates during which the person was so licensed, registered, or authorized to engage in prostitution.
(8) Acceptable written proof that the applicant is at least 18 years of age.
(9) A complete set of fingerprints acceptable to the Sheriff's Commander.
(10) The applicant shall make himself or herself available to the Riverbank Substation of the Stanislaus County Sheriff's office to be photographed.
(11) Authorization from the city, its agents, and employees to seek information and conduct an investigation into the truth of the statements set forth in the application.
(Ord. 2000-07, passed 6-26-00) Penalty, see § 10.99