Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) The Director of Public Works shall publish annually, in the largest daily newspaper published in the municipality where the POTW is located, a list of the users which, during the previous 12 months, were in significant noncompliance with applicable pretreatment standards and requirements.
(B) The term SIGNIFICANT NONCOMPLIANCE shall mean:
(1) Chronic violations of wastewater discharge limits, defined here as those in which 66% or more of wastewater measurements taken during a six-month period exceed the daily maximum limit or average limit for the same pollutant parameter by any amount;
(2) Any other discharge violation that the Director of Public Works believes has caused, alone or in combination with other discharges, interference or pass through, including endangering the health of POTW personnel or the general public;
(3) Any discharge of pollutants that has caused imminent endangerment to the public or to the environment, or has resulted in Director of Public Works or his/her designated representative exercise of its emergency authority to halt or prevent such a discharge;
(4) Failure to meet, within 90 days of the scheduled date, a compliance schedule milestone contained in a wastewater discharge permit or enforcement order for starting construction, completing construction, or attaining final compliance;
(5) Failure to provide within 30 days after the due date, any required reports as required in § 51.28 of this subchapter;
(6) Failure to accurately report noncompliance; or
(7) Any other violation(s) which the Director of Public Works determines will adversely affect the operation or implementation of the local pretreatment program.
(Ord. 95-05, passed 4-10-95)