Skip to code content (skip section selection)
A. A person who operates or causes to be operated a sexually oriented business, other than an adult motel and regardless of whether or not a permit has been issued to said business under this Chapter, and who exhibits on the premises in a viewing room of less than one hundred fifty square feet (150 sq. ft.) of floor space, a film, video cassette, DVD, CD-ROM, or other video reproduction which depicts specified sexual activities or specified anatomical areas, shall comply with the following requirements:
1. Upon application for a sexually oriented business permit, the application shall be accompanied by a diagram of the premises showing a plan thereof specifying the location of one (1) or more manager's stations, the location of all overhead lighting fixtures and designating any portion of the premises in which patrons will not be permitted. A manager's station may not exceed thirty-two square feet (32 sq. ft.) of floor area with no dimension greater than eight feet (8'). The diagram shall also designate the place at which this permit will be conspicuously posted, if granted. A professionally prepared diagram in the nature of an engineer's or architect's blueprint shall not be required; however, each diagram should be oriented to the north or to some designated street or object and should be drawn to a designated scale with marked dimensions sufficient to show the various internal dimension of all areas of the interior of the premises to an accuracy of plus or minus six inches (6"). The City Planner or his/her designee, may waive the foregoing diagram for renewal applications if the applicant adopts a diagram that was previously submitted and certifies that the configuration of the premises has not been altered since it was prepared.
2. The application shall be sworn to be true and correct by the applicant.
3. No alteration in the configuration or location of a manager's station may be made without the prior approval of the City Planner or his/her designee.
4. It is the duty of the owners and operator of the premises to ensure that at least one (1) employee is on duty and situated at each manager's station at all times that any patron is present inside the premises.
5. The interior of the premises shall be configured in such a manner that there is an unobstructed view from a manager's station of every area of the premises to which any patron is permitted access for any purpose, excluding restrooms. Restrooms may not contain video reproduction equipment. If the premises have two (2) or more manager's stations designated, then the interior of the premises shall be configured in such a manner that there is an unobstructed view of each area of the premises to which any patron is permitted access for any purpose from at least one (1) of the manager's stations. The view required in this subsection must be by direct line of sight from the manager's station.
6. It shall be the duty of the owners and operator, and it shall also be the duty of any agents and employees present on the premises to insure that the view area specified in Subsection 5 remains unobstructed by any doors, walls, merchandise, display racks or other materials or persons at all times and to insure that no patron is permitted access to any area of the premises which has been designated as an area in which patrons will not be permitted in the application filed pursuant to Subsection a. of this section.
7. No viewing room may be occupied by more than one (1) person at any one time. No holes, commonly known as "glory holes," shall be allowed in the walls or partitions which separate each viewing room from an adjoining viewing room or restroom.
8. The premises shall be equipped with overhead lighting fixtures of sufficient intensity to illuminate every place to which patrons are permitted access and an illumination of not less than two (2) foot candle as measured at the floor level.
9. It shall be the duty of the owners and operator and it shall also be the duty of any agents and employees present on the premises to ensure that the illumination described above is maintained at all times that any patron is present on the premises.
B. A person having a duty under Section 3-6-20 A.1-9 of this Chapter commits a misdemeanor if he/she knowingly fails to fulfill that duty. (Ord. 2019-607, 8-15-2019)