Skip to code content (skip section selection)
A. Program services. Grantee shall notify grantor of its program services and any changes thereto.
B. Basic cable service (BCS). The basic cable service may include the retransmission of local television broadcast signals as prescribed by the FCC or other governing regulatory body and shall include all community access and local origination channels.
C. Institutional service (IS). The institutional service may include the provision of transmission and/or reception services to institutional users, on a leased channel basis at established IS rates. Video service for public and nonprofit institutions will be free of charge. Grantee will offer nonprofit institutional users grantee's nonvideo services on the institutional network at the lowest rate being charged at that time to commercial users for comparable services.
D. Local origination channel. The grantee shall operate and control its cablecasting studio(s) as specified in the franchise agreement for the purpose of providing cablecast programming responsive to local needs and interests.
E. Government access channel. The grantee shall provide one government access channel, including all necessary interface equipment and cabling to permit operation, for the use of the grantor, county and state government at no charge. The grantee shall make every effort to provide advice and technical expertise to aid in the utilization of this channel.
F. Educational access channel. The grantee shall provide one channel, including all necessary interface equipment and cabling to permit operation, for the use of the local educational institutions at no charge. The grantee shall make every effort to provide advice and technical expertise to aid in the utilization of this channel.
G. Public access channel. The grantee shall provide one channel including all necessary interface equipment and cabling to permit operation, to be available to the public at no charge. The community access channel shall be managed and operated by the Access Channel Manager, as described in § 166-105.
H. Grantor use of the institutional network.
(1) Pursuant to the franchise agreement, the grantee reserve a portion of the upstream and downstream capability of the institutional network for use by government agencies and nonprofit institutions for video services free of charge.
(2) The grantee shall have available one-way or two-way audio channels in conjunction with video services to institutional network users as reasonably requested.
(3) Institutional users may have reasonable access to the institutional network.
(4) Institutional network channels utilized by the grantor will be managed by the Access Channel Manager.
I. Leased access channels. Grantee shall make available for lease, on a nondiscriminatory basis, cable channels for commercial use as required by § 612 of the Act. All revenues from the leasing of such channels shall be included in gross revenues.
J. Universal service. The grantor requires that all dwelling units within the City, upon request of the occupants of said dwelling units, who pay the installation charge, shall be connected physically in the cable communication system by the grantee by means of drop cables terminating at each dwelling unit, whether or not the dwelling unit occupants desire to subscribe to basic cable service. The programming transmitted to the occupant shall be limited to the access channels.
K. Additional channel capacity for municipal use.
(1) Grantee shall provide sufficient channel capacity to enable the grantor to utilize remote meter reading, traffic light control, energy management and video monitoring. Grantee shall assist grantor in planning the utilization of these services as specified in the franchise agreement.
(2) As set forth in the franchise agreement, additional community access channels may be made available by the grantee upon a showing that the existing access channels have become fully utilized, and shall be made available if directed by the arbitration procedure described in the final proposal.
L. Access funding. Grantee shall provide capital funding for the access channels as specified in the franchise agreement.