Skip to code content (skip section selection)
A. After the hearing, Council may approve, disapprove or modify the Director of Public Works report. After all modifications are complete, Council will by ordinance approve the plans and specifications contained in the report and authorize the following:
(1) A direction that the public work or improvement shall be performed and special assessments shall be levied as indicated in the report or as modified after the public hearing.
(2) The number and terms of any installment payments allowed, including number of installments, interest rates and when payments are due.
(3) Provisions for collection of the assessment and any penalties to be imposed for failure to timely pay the assessment for any installment.
(4) A statement that all assessments or installments if permitted which are not paid by the date specified shall be extended on the tax roll as a delinquent tax and collected in the same manner as delinquent real estate taxes.
(5) Terms and conditions of any allowed deferral of any assessment while no use are made of the improvement being financed thereby.
B. The ordinance shall be published in the official City newspaper and mailed to each affected person whose address is known or can be ascertained with reasonable diligence.