Skip to code content (skip section selection)
A. Purpose. It is the purpose of this Part to provide for the recovery of costs from users of the City's wastewater disposal system for the implementation of the program established herein. The applicable charges or fees shall be set forth in the City's schedule of charges and fees.
B. Charges and fees. The City may adopt charges and fees which may include:
(1) Fees for reimbursement of costs of setting up and operating the City's pretreatment program.
(2) Fees for monitoring, inspection and surveillance procedures.
(3) Fees for reviewing accidental discharge procedures and construction.
(4) Fees for permit applications.
(5) Fees for filing appeals.
(6) Fees for administrative hearing.
(7) Other fees as the City may deem necessary to carry out the requirements contained herein.
(8) Fees for removal of pollutants otherwise subject to the federal pretreatment standards.
(9) Fees for treatment of extra-strength wastewater, including extra fees for the treatment of industrial waste containing toxic waste and pollutants.
(1) The fee schedule applicable to filing permit applications and sampling/analysis of wastewater by the City shall as provided in Chapter 212, Fees. Note: Nothing shall prevent the EPA, PaDEP, or the City of Reading from imposing other fees, penalties or damages where wastewater discharged to the City's treatment works exceeds permit limits. 10
(2) The fees and charges established by this Part shall apply to all industries within the City of Reading sewage service area that discharge industrial waste to the City's Fritz Island Wastewater Treatment Plant.
(3) These fees relate solely to the matters covered by this Part and are separate from all other fees chargeable by the City.
D. Fee collection.
(1) Registered bills will be mailed quarterly. Bills must be paid within 30 days of receipt. A late charge of 10% APR will be applied to all bills paid after the due date.
(2) Sixty days after receipt, all unpaid bills, exempting cases where a repayment schedule has been approved by the City, will be subject to civil and/or criminal action(s) with all applicable charges and fees incurred by the City being applied to the debt.
(3) A list of all bills unpaid after 60 days, not including cases where other repayment arrangements have been approved by the City, may be published at least semiannually in the largest daily newspaper published in the municipality where the POTW is located.
10. Editor's Note: Amended during codification (see Ch. 1, General Provisions, Part 2).