Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) (1) No person shall operate a motorized golf cart/UTV without obtaining a permit from the Village Clerk as provided herein.
(2) Permits shall be granted for a period of one year; each permit will terminate December 31 next following issuance.
(3) The cost of a permit is $50.
(4) Insurance coverage is to be verified in effect by the Village Clerk when renewing the permit.
(B) Every application for a permit shall be made on a form supplied by the village and shall contain the following information:
(1) The name and address of the applicant;
(2) Name of liability insurance carrier (certificate of insurance);
(3) The serial number, make, model and description of the golf cart/UTV;
(4) Signed waiver of liability by applicant releasing the village from any and all future claims resulting from the operation of his or her golf cart/UTV on village streets;
(5) Photostatic copy of applicable liability insurance coverage card specifically for the golf cart/UTV to be operated on village streets shall be with the golf cart/UTV at all times; and
(6) Such other information as the village may require.
(C) No permit shall be granted unless the following conditions are met.
(1) The golf cart/UTV must be inspected by the Police Department, Mayor or designee to ensure that the vehicle is safe to operate on village streets and is in compliance with the requirements of this subchapter. Inspections will be conducted by scheduled appointment.
(2) The handicapped applicants must submit a certificate signed by a physician, that the handicapped applicant is able to safely operate a motorized golf cart/UTV on the roadways designated.
(3) The applicant must provide evidence of insurance in compliance with the provisions of state statutes regarding minimum liability insurance for passenger motor vehicles to be operated on the roads of the state.
(D) One-day special event licenses can be purchased for $10 per day. Inspections shall be done by appointment only prior to the event.
(Ord. 17-522, passed 10-2-2017)