Skip to code content (skip section selection)
The purpose of a pre-application meeting is to provide an opportunity for the applicant to determine the submittal requirements and the review procedures and standards applicable to an anticipated application for a development permit reviewed under this Code. A pre-application meeting is also intended to provide an opportunity for city staff to become familiar with, and offer the applicant preliminary comments about, the scope, features, and impacts of the proposed development, as it relates to Code requirements.
1. Pre-Application Meeting Required
Except for applications for a development permit initiated by city staff, the P&Z, or the City Commission, a pre-application meeting between the applicant and either selected city staff members or the DRC, as determined appropriate by the Development Services Director, shall be required before submittal of the following applications:
a. Site-Specific Zoning Map Amendment (Rezoning);
b. Planned Development;
c. Special Exception;
d. Major Site Plan;
e. Building Design;
f. Major Certificate of Appropriateness;
h. Major Temporary Use Permit ;
i. Minor Temporary Permit;
k. Placement on Local Register of Historic Places; and
l. Development Agreement.
2. Pre-Application Meeting Optional
A pre-application meeting may be requested and held at the applicant's option for any application reviewed under this Code other than those listed in subsection 1 above. Such requests shall be submitted to the Development Services Director, who shall determine whether the conference is conducted with selected city staff members or the DRC.
3. Only One Pre-Application Meeting for Concurrent Applications
Where two or more applications for a development permit are submitted concurrently, the requirement for a pre-application meeting may be met with a single meeting.
C. Sketch Plan or Conceptual Drawings Required
1. At least five business days before a pre-application meeting for a Planned Development (Section 155.2405), Special Exception (Section 155.2406), Major Site Plan (Section 155.2407), Building Design (Section 155.2408), or Plat (Section 155.2410), the applicant shall submit to the Development Services Director a sketch plan or conceptual drawings that show the location, general layout, and main elements of the development to be proposed as part of the application.
2. At least five business days before a pre-application meeting for Building Design (Section 155.2408) or a Major Certificate of Appropriateness (Section 155.2409), the applicant shall submit to the Development Services Director drawings or other graphics that show the exterior facades of the proposed development.
The pre-application meeting is intended as a means of facilitating the review process. Discussions held in accordance with this section are not binding on the city. Processing times for review of applications for a development permit do not begin until a formal, complete application is submitted and determined to be complete.
(Ord. 2012-64, passed 9-11-12; Am. Ord. 2019-110 , passed 9-24-19)