At the meeting for hearing objections, or at a time and place to which the same may be adjourned, any person aggrieved may appear in person, by attorney, or by petition, and may object to or protest against the improvement. The City Commission shall consider the objections and protests, if any, and may confirm, amend, modify, or rescind the resolution of necessity, and shall determine whether the improvement shall be made, and how the cost thereof shall be paid. The determination of the City Commission shall be final and conclusive. If the City Commission determines to proceed with the improvement as originally proposed or in an amended or modified form, it shall adopt a resolution determining to proceed, as hereinafter set out.
(Special Acts, Ch. 57-1754, § 186) ('58 Code, § 45.133)