Skip to code content (skip section selection)
6-8-1: MOTOR VEHICLE TRESPASS ON PRIVATE AND PUBLIC LANDS 1 :
A. Pleasant Grove City incorporates by reference the following sections of chapter 41-22 of the Utah code, 1953 (as amended), relating to the use of off highway vehicles on public land:
Section 10.1 Vehicles operated on posted public land;
Section 10.5(4) Local ordinances - designating routes - supervision;
Section 10.7(1),(3) Vehicle equipment requirements - rulemaking - exceptions;
Section 10.8 Protective headgear requirements - owner duty - penalty for violation;
Section 12(2) Restrictions on use of public lands;
Section 12.5 Restrictions on use of privately-owned lands without permission - unlawful for person to tamper with signs or fencing on privately-owned land;
Section 13 Prohibited uses.
B. This section does not prohibit the use of such property by the following:
1. Emergency vehicles;
2. Vehicles of commerce in the course of normal business operations;
3. Vehicles being operated on property devoted to commercial or industrial use and permission for such operation is implied or expressly given by the person in possession of the property;
4. Vehicles operated on property actually used for residential purposes, where such vehicles are there at the express or implied invitation of the owner or occupant;
5. Vehicles being operated on public or private parking lots, where permission to do so is implied or expressly given by the person in possession of the lot.
C. Unless otherwise indicated, trespass violations as found in this section are a class C misdemeanor. Unless otherwise indicated, the minimum fine for an offense under this section shall be as follows:
Third and subsequent offenses:
plus up to the state allowed 35 percent surcharge as determined by the court
(Ord. 2003-14, 8-19-2003)
1. See also subsection 6-1-14B of this title.