Skip to code content (skip section selection)
A. Grounds: Unless otherwise provided, the city may suspend or revoke a license:
1. Because the license should not have been issued;
2. Because of failure or refusal to permit or cooperate with an audit or an inspection;
3. For failure to pay a required fee;
4. If continued operation of the licensed activity would constitute a nuisance, or present a danger to health, general welfare or morals of the community; or
5. Because of a violation of this title or any other applicable provision of law.
B. Procedure: The following procedures apply to the suspension or revocation of any license issued under this title, unless otherwise provided:
1. A license may be suspended without a hearing for a period not exceeding three (3) days based upon the reasonable belief that continued operation of the licensed activity will be in violation of the requirements of this title. A written description of the reason for the suspension shall be delivered to the licensee or an employee or agent of the licensee, with the order of suspension.
2. A license may be suspended or revoked, for one or more violations of this title, after a hearing as to which the licensee is given not less than three (3) days' notice.
3. A license may be suspended or revoked without a hearing for failure to pay a required fee. (Ord. 2000-27, 8-1-2000; amd. 2003 Code)