Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) Purpose: The purpose of this zone is to:
1. Provide for manufacturing uses, including assembly operations and industrial services, to serve the community, and provide employment and income to its residents.
2. Provide for the development of industrial facilities concentrated in well defined and planned areas, properly located in relation to utilities, access, topography and residential uses.
3. Create conditions conducive to a convenient and desirable working environment.
4. Control the objectionable effects of certain uses necessary in the community but detrimental to other areas.
5. Protect areas in this designation from encroachment of uses which could be better located in areas less suited for industrial activities.
(B) Permitted Uses: The following uses and their accessory uses are permitted outright:
Manufacturing, processing, assembly, outdoor storage, wholesale and retail sales, parking facilities.
Reconstruction of single-family dwellings provided that the other regulations of this title are met.
(C) Conditional Uses: The following uses and their accessory uses are permitted when authorized in accordance with the provisions of section 10-3-3 of this title:
A processing facility for recyclable materials.
Excavation of earth or building materials, mining or drilling for minerals and petroleum, garbage and rubbish fill and disposal, junk and wrecking yards.
Small collection and large collection recycling facilities.
Uses permitted in section 10-3-4 of this title.
(D) General Regulations:
1. Minimum parcel area: Six thousand (6,000) square feet.
2. Maximum building coverage: Sixty percent (60%).
3. Minimum parcel width: Sixty feet (60').
4. Minimum yards: Front, ten feet (10'); sides and rear, five feet (5') or on the property line if there is a fireproof wall without opening.
5. Maximum building height: Fifty feet (50').
6. Minimum parcel frontage: Sixty feet (60'). (Ord. 1487, 1-14-1992)