Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) Purposes: The purpose of this zone is to:
1. Provide for small convenience oriented commercial centers to satisfy limited shopping and service needs to the neighborhood in which it is located. The intent of this designation is to provide an expanded version of what has been historically known as the corner store. It is intended that this classification will not be introduced into already developed neighborhoods, but will be limited to newly developing neighborhoods around the perimeter of the city and its periphery. As these new neighborhoods develop, they will be farther from the center of the city, and thus it is deemed desirable to include well defined and designed convenience commercial centers in such areas. Architecturally, development in this designation must be compatible with the neighborhood in which it is located, and be carefully regulated as to landscaping, signage, glare, noise, parking and hours of operation.
2. Create conditions conducive to a convenient and desirable environment for customers and employees.
3. Differentiate convenience commercial uses from those of the downtown business district, highway commercial areas, and other light commercial areas.
4. Create conditions to promote pedestrian, bicycle, and handicap usage. (Ord. 1487, 1-14-1992)
(B) Permitted Uses: The following uses and their accessory uses are permitted outright:
Markets (excluding gasoline sales), delicatessens (either takeout or sit down), dry cleaners, laundries, and barber and beauty shops.
Reconstruction of single-family dwellings provided that the other regulations of this title are met.
Residential uses and residential service facilities and employee housing, small when above or below the ground floor. (Ord. 1487, 1-14-1992; amd. Ord. 1666, 9-23-2014; Ord. 1667, 10-28-2014)
(C) Conditional Uses: The following uses and their accessory uses are permitted when authorized in accordance with the provisions of section 10-3-3 of this title:
The uses stated in section 10-3-4 of this title.
(D) General Regulations:
1. Minimum parcel area: Ten thousand (10,000) square feet.
2. Maximum building coverage: Twenty five percent (25%).
3. Minimum parcel width: One hundred feet (100').
4. Minimum yards:
(a) Along an arterial street: Twenty five feet (25').
(b) Along a collector street: Twenty feet (20').
(c) Along a subcollector street: Fifteen feet (15').
(d) Between parcels in a CC zone: No setback.
(e) Adjacent to another zone: Same setback as required along the property line of the adjacent zone.
(f) No parking will be allowed within setback areas and all setback areas will be landscaped. Landscaping plans shall be reviewed and approved by the planning commission.
5. Maximum building height: Thirty feet (30').
6. Minimum parcel frontage: One hundred feet (100').
7. Floor area ratio: 0.25.
8. Maximum floor area per center: Five thousand (5,000) square feet.
9. Maximum floor area per occupancy: Three thousand (3,000) square feet.
10. Minimum landscape requirement: Twenty five percent (25%). (Public right of way area adjoining the use shall be landscaped and shall not count toward 25 percent landscape requirement.)
11. The hours of operation shall be limited from six o'clock (6:00) A.M. to eight o'clock (8:00) P.M. However, a conditional use permit can be granted which would allow operation to ten o'clock (10:00) P.M. In no case shall any business operate between ten o'clock (10:00) P.M. and six o'clock (6:00) A.M. (Ord. 1487, 1-14-1992)