Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) Purpose: This zone is established in order to:
1. Provide the land necessary for retail sales and services, entertainment and other light commercial activities to serve the residents of the community.
2. Provide for the development of commercial facilities concentrated in well planned areas properly located in relation to access, topography and residential areas.
3. Create conditions conducive to a convenient and desirable environment for customers and employees, and protect it from the encroachment of objectionable or dangerous uses and uses which could be located in areas less suited for light commercial activities. (Ord. 1474, 1-8-1991)
(B) Permitted Uses: The following uses and their accessory uses are permitted outright:
Club or association.
Domestic violence shelter.
Hospital, sanatorium, dispensary, clinic, mortuary.
Motel and hotel.
One- or multi-family dwellings and residential service facilities, and employee housing, small, when above and/or below the ground floor.
One sign not to exceed the allowable size established by section 10-4-17 of this title.
Place of worship and accessory social activities.
Professional or business office, bank, studio, place of entertainment and new and used retail sales when fully enclosed in a building, eating or drinking establishments, retail service, exclusive of fast food restaurants and automobile sales or service.
Public utility structure, fire station.
Reverse vending machines.
School, park, playground, golf course, cemetery.
Used merchandise store. (Ord. 1610, 5-23-2006; amd. Ord. 1636, 4-27-2010; Ord. 1654, 6-25-2013; Ord. 1666, 9-23-2014; Ord. 1667, 10-28-2014)
(C) Conditional Uses: The following uses and their accessory uses are permitted when authorized in accordance with the provisions of section 10-3-3 of this title:
Animal hospital and/or shelter.
Bus or taxi station.
Fast food restaurant.
Gasoline service station, new and used automobile sales and service, bulk petroleum sale, underground storage, bulk storage, wholesale operations, and other light industrial activity.
Helicopter takeoff and/or landing sites. No use permit is necessary for emergency landings or takeoffs by any law enforcement agency, forest service, fire department, hospital or similar emergency service.
Parking facilities and parking lots.
Place of entertainment, new and used retail sales and retail service.
Single room occupancy facilities when above or below the ground floor.
Small collection and large collection recycling facilities.
Uses permitted in section 10-3-4 of this title. (Ord. 1474, 1-8-1991; amd. Ord. 1538, 2-11-1997; Ord. 1664, 9-23-2014)
(D) General Regulations:
1. Minimum parcel area: Six thousand (6,000) square feet.
2. Maximum building coverage: Sixty percent (60%).
3. Minimum parcel width: Sixty feet (60'). (Ord. 1474, 1-8-1991)
4. Minimum yards: Front, four feet (4'); sides and rear, five feet (5') or on the property line if fireproof wall without opening is provided. Exceptions: A marquee, canopy, eaves, unenclosed and uncovered balcony and other similar projections, appendages or overhangs may be allowed to encroach beyond the front yard setback and into the public right of way upon the issuance of an encroachment permit by the engineering division and a building permit by the building division. Signs will be allowed to extend into the front yard setback and into the public right of way, and said signs shall conform with the provisions of section 10-4-17 of this title. (Ord. 1654, 6-25-2013)
5. Maximum building height: Forty feet (40').
6. Minimum parcel frontage: Sixty feet (60'). (Ord. 1474, 1-8-1991)