Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) Purpose: This zone is established in order to:
1. Provide for a broad range of pedestrian oriented commercial, institutional and public uses.
2. Protect the downtown area from encroachment by unrelated and incompatible uses.
3. Differentiate the downtown area from all other land use designations because of its unique character. (Ord. 1487, 1-14-1992)
(B) Permitted Uses: The following uses and their accessory uses are permitted outright:
Business and professional offices.
Eating and drinking establishments.
Hotels and motels.
One or more multi-family dwellings and residential service facilities, and employee housing, small, when above or below the ground floor.
Reconstruction of single-family dwellings, provided that the other regulations of this title are met.
Retail sales. (Ord. 1487, 1-14-1992; amd. Ord. 1636, 4-27-2010; Ord. 1666, 9-23-2014; Ord. 1667, 10-28-2014)
(C) Conditional Uses: The following uses and their accessory uses are permitted when authorized in accordance with the provisions of section 10-3-3 of this title:
Bus or taxi stations.
Gasoline service stations.
Parking facilities and parking lots.
Places of entertainment.
Single room occupancy facilities when above or below the ground floor.
Used merchandise stores.
Uses as stated in section 10-3-4 of this title. (Ord. 1597, 2-24-2004; amd. Ord. 1636, 4-27-2010; Ord. 1664, 9-23-2014)
(D) General Regulations:
1. Minimum parcel area: None.
2. Maximum building coverage: One hundred percent (100%).
3. Minimum parcel width: None. (Ord. 1487, 1-14-1992)
4. Minimum yards: None. (A marquee, canopy, eaves, unenclosed and uncovered balcony and other similar projections, appendages or overhangs may be allowed to encroach beyond the front yard setback and into the public right of way upon the issuance of an encroachment permit by the engineering division and a building permit by the building division. Signs will be allowed to extend into the front yard setback and into the public right of way, and said signs shall conform with the provisions of section 10-4-17 of this title.) (Ord. 1654, 6-25-2013)
5. Maximum building height: Forty feet (40').
6. Minimum parcel frontage: None.
7. Maximum floor area ratio: 3.0. (Ord. 1487, 1-14-1992)