Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) Purpose: The purpose of this zone is to:
1. Provide for the development of medium density single-family uses in areas feasibly served by utilities, streets, schools, recreation areas and other necessary facilities.
2. Create conditions conducive to a desirable residential environment, protect it from the encroachment of unrelated uses effecting the development of vacant land and detrimental to existing residences, and limit the continuance of such uses in existence in the area.
3. Ensure light, air, privacy and usable open spaces for residential living.
4. Provide for those facilities primarily serving the neighborhood and serving it best by being located within it, providing such facilities are in the appropriate locations and in harmony with the neighborhood. (Ord. 1474, 1-8-1991)
(B) Permitted Uses: The following uses and their accessory uses are permitted outright:
Employee housing, small.
Keeping of chickens subject to the requirements of section 10-4-18 of this title.
One accessory dwelling unit, subject to the requirements within section 10-4-12 of this title.
One-family dwelling, one guesthouse, renting of not more than one room.
Residential care facilities and residential service facilities for six (6) or fewer residents, provided said facility is located at a distance of one thousand feet (1,000') or more from any other existing community care facility as measured from any point upon the outside walls of the structures housing such facilities.
Small and medium family daycare home. (Ord. 1474, 1-8-1991; amd. Ord. 1548B, 6-23-1998; Ord. 1627, 9-9-2008; Ord. 1667, 10-28-2014; Ord. 1682, 10-11-2016; Ord. 1692, 10-24-2017)
(C) Conditional Uses: The following uses and their accessory uses are permitted when authorized in accordance with the provisions of section 10-3-3 of this title:
Uses stated in section 10-3-4 of this title. (Ord. 1649, 7-10-2012)
(D) General Regulations:
1. Maximum density: 7.26 dwelling units per acre.
2. Minimum parcel area: Six thousand (6,000) square feet.
3. Maximum building coverage: Thirty five percent (35%).
4. Minimum parcel width: Sixty feet (60').
5. Minimum yards: Front, twenty feet (20'); sides, ten percent (10%) of the parcel width or ten feet (10'), whichever is less; rear, twenty feet (20').
6. Maximum building height: Thirty five feet (35').
7. Minimum parcel frontage: Sixty feet (60'). (Ord. 1474, 1-8-1991)