Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) Purpose: The purpose of this zone is to:
1. Provide for single-family residential development in areas with urban level services and facilities, but limited for development by topography, terrain, or other physical and environmental constraints.
2. Provide housing in areas conducive to low density development and protect such areas from incompatible development.
3. Ensure light, air, privacy and usable open spaces for residential living.
4. Provide for those facilities primarily serving the neighborhood and serving it best by being located within it, providing such facilities are in the appropriate locations and in harmony with the neighborhood. (Ord. 1474, 1-8-1991)
(B) Permitted Uses: The following uses and their accessory uses are permitted outright:
Domestic violence shelters.
Employee housing, small.
Keeping of chickens subject to the requirements of section 10-4-18 of this title.
One accessory dwelling unit, subject to the requirements within section 10-4-12 of this title.
One-family dwelling, one guesthouse, renting of not more than one room.
Residential care facilities and residential service facilities for six (6) or fewer residents, provided said facility is located at a distance of one thousand feet (1,000') or more from any other existing community care facility as measured from any point upon the outside walls of the structures housing such facilities.
Small and medium family daycare homes. (Ord. 1474, 1-8-1991; amd. Ord. 1548B, 6-23-1998; Ord. 1627, 9-9-2008; Ord. 1667, 10-28-2014; Ord. 1682, 10-11-2016; Ord. 1692, 10-24-2017)
(C) Conditional Uses: The following uses and their accessory uses are permitted when authorized in accordance with the provisions of section 10-3-3 of this title:
Uses stated in section 10-3-4 of this title. (Ord. 1649, 7-10-2012)
(D) General Regulations:
1. Maximum density: 2.18 dwelling units per acre.
2. Minimum parcel area: Twenty thousand (20,000) square feet.
3. Maximum building coverage: Thirty five percent (35%).
4. Minimum parcel width: One hundred feet (100').
5. Minimum yards: Front, twenty feet (20'); sides, ten percent (10%) of parcel width or ten feet (10'), whichever is less; rear, thirty feet (30').
6. Maximum building height: Thirty five feet (35'). (Ord. 1474, 1-8-1991)
7. Minimum parcel frontage: One hundred feet (100'). (Ord. 1627, 9-9-2008)