Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) Purpose: The purpose of this zone is to:
1. Provide for the development of single-family residences in outlying areas and areas having special topographic features, and to prevent a higher population density requiring a higher level of services, or damage to the natural appearance of an area.
2. Create conditions conducive to a desirable low density environment, and protect it from the encroachment of unrelated uses affecting the development of vacant land and of such uses in existence in the area.
3. Provide for sufficient space to enable residents of the property to raise crops and fruits and keep animals in a limited and controlled manner so as to be in keeping with the residential character of the area. (Ord. 1474, 1-8-1991)
(B) Permitted Uses: The following uses and their accessory uses are permitted outright:
Domestic violence shelter.
Employee housing, small.
One accessory dwelling unit, subject to the requirements within section 10-4-12 of this title.
One-family dwelling, one guesthouse, renting of not more than one room.
One stable for not more than two (2) horses, cows or other hoofed animals not kept for remuneration, hire or sale, poultry and other small animals, provided that the keeping of such animals does not create a nuisance to adjacent properties.
Residential care facilities and residential service facilities for six (6) or fewer residents, provided said facility is located at a distance of one thousand feet (1,000') or more from any other existing community care facility as measured from any point upon the outside walls of the structures housing such facilities.
Small and medium family daycare home. (Ord. 1474, 1-8-1991; amd. Ord. 1514, 11-22-1994; Ord. 1548B, 6-23-1998; Ord. 1627, 9-9-2008; Ord. 1667, 10-28-2014; Ord. 1692, 10-24-2017)
(C) Conditional Uses: The following uses and their accessory uses are permitted when authorized in accordance with the provisions of section 10-3-3 of this title:
Uses stated in section 10-3-4 of this title. (Ord. 1649, 7-10-2012)
(D) General Regulations:
1. Maximum density: One dwelling unit per acre.
2. Minimum parcel area: One acre.
3. Maximum building coverage: Thirty five percent (35%).
4. Minimum parcel width: One hundred feet (100').
5. Minimum yards: Front, thirty feet (30'); sides, ten percent (10%) of the parcel width or ten feet (10') whichever is less; rear, thirty feet (30').
6. Maximum building height: Thirty five feet (35').
7. Minimum parcel frontage: One hundred feet (100'). (Ord. 1474, 1-8-1991)