Skip to code content (skip section selection)
It shall be unlawful for any person to perform or participate in any of the following acts:
(A) Acts Involving Buildings And Other Property:
1. To wilfully mark, deface, disfigure, injure, tamper with, displace, or remove any railing, bench, or any facilities or property and equipment of any public utility or parts or appurtenances thereof, signs, notices, or placards, whether temporary or permanent, monuments, stakes, posts, or other boundary markers, wall or rock border, or other structures or equipment, facilities or public property or appurtenances whatever, either real or personal.
2. Construct or erect any building or structure of whatever kind, whether permanent or temporary in character, any tent, fly or windbreak, or run or string any rope, cord, or wire into, upon, or across any public property, except on special permit issued pursuant to a city ordinance, resolution, or regulation.
3. Urinate or defecate, except in a public restroom.
(B) Acts Involving Trees, Shrubbery, And Plants:
1. Without a city permit, to damage, cut, carve, burn, transplant or remove any tree or plant or injure the bark or pick the flowers or seeds of any tree or plant. Nor shall any person attach any rope, wire, or other contrivance to any tree or plant. No person shall dig in or otherwise disturb, or in any other way injure or impair the natural beauty or usefulness of any park area.
2. Climb any tree, or walk, stand or sit upon monuments, vases, fountains, railings, fences, planted areas, or upon any other property not designed or customarily used for such purposes, or to sit on any sidewalks or steps, or to lie or sit on any lawns which are posted with a sign prohibiting this use on the lawn area.
(C) Litter Regulations:
1. It shall be unlawful for any person to dump or deposit upon any highway, freeway, alley, street, off street parking lot, whether it be public or privately owned, park, playground, or any public place in the city, any glass, bottle, nails, tacks, hoops, wire, cans, or any other substance likely to injure any person, animal, or vehicle.
2. It shall be unlawful for any person to place, deposit, or dump any garbage, swill, cans, bottles, papers, ashes, refuse, the carcass of any dead animal, offal, trash, or rubbish, or any noisome, nauseous or offensive matter in or upon any highway, freeway, alley, street, off street parking lot, park, playground, or any public place in the city. (Ord. 997, 8-11-1970)